Alessandro Fabbris was born in Turin in 1977.
He graduated at the Fine Arts Academy of Turin (painting) and after that at the Brera Academy of Milan with a Master in Photography.
He lives between Turin and Genoa, where he is Professor at the Ligustica Academy of Fine Arts.
For the complete portfolio | per ricevere il portfolio completo dell’artista firstname.lastname@example.org
The works of the Procedimenti series were born from scans of pictorial processes made directly above the active scanner and from scans of different lights all made with the flatbed scanner with the lid open, in such a way as to capture even slight variations in ambient light. The images were subsequently post produced by changing color temperatures and applying masking and color calibrations.
The title of the series, which continues that of the previous series, Mechanical Procedures, alludes, as in the previous series, to a cycle of lectures held by Fussli at the Royal Academy on the relationship between painting and the new photosensitive processes of a photograph at the time. dawn. The reflections born around the development of contemporary photography in relation to the studies on painting led me to develop this series that wants to be in the balance between photography and painting, in order to appear on the edge of photography and abstraction. Furthermore, in this series, focusing the titles only on the word procedures, he wants to highlight the processuality of the creative act, between a mechanical / digital procedure and a more strictly pictorial gestural procedure.
– Selected artist for Laguna Prize, Venice
– Reworking, Crag Gallery, Turin
– The Phair, Torino Esposizioni, Turin
– Post, Galleria Valeria Lattanzi, Carrara, curated by Marco Signorini
– Anatomia di un processo narrativo, Asti, curated by Circuito Giovani Artisti Italiani
– L’imperio della Luce curated by Antonio dall’Igna and Renato Galbusera (in collaboration with Galleria Wunderkammer, Torino)
BAM – Biennale d’Arte Moderna e Contemporanea del Piemonte, Anni zero il decennio liquido, Casa del Conte Verde, Rivoli (TO), curated by Edoardo Di Mauro, cat.
-Altri Animali, Complesso Monumentale Rocca Brivio Sforza (San Giuliano), MI, curated by Elisabetta Longari, cat.
– L’Arte è favolosa, Fondazione Malvina Menegaz, Castelbasso
– And the winner is, Concorso internazionale sul libro d’artista, NOPX Gallery, TO
– Imago Mundi Luciano Benetton Collection, Fondazione Cini, Venezia
– Imago Mundi Praestigium Italia II, Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo, Torino, curated by Luca Beatrice, cat.
– Accademia Italia, Museo dell’Accademia Ligustica, Genova, curated by Elisabetta Longari, cat.
– Studi Aperti, Ameno (NO), in collaboration with AsiloBianco-Museo Tornielli, cat.
– Astratta Tre, Fondazione Zappettini per l’Arte Contemporanea, curated by Francesco Rigoni, text by Paolo Bolpagni (per Salvatore Tulipano), Francesca Guerisoli (for Alan De Cecco), Flavia Montecchi (for Alessandro Fabbris), Alberto Rigoni (for Giorgia Zanuso), Federico Sardella (for Maria Elisabetta Novello)., cat.
– Gesto e Pensiero – la libertà di donare, AsiloBianco-Museo Tornielli, Ameno (NO), curated by Francesca Gattoni, cat.
– ArtMob, Fondazione Pistoletto-Comune di Giaveno (progetto di Arte pubblica) –
– Portes Ouvertes, atelier Ginhgo, Troyes (FR)
– Papillae, Unimanagement – Unicredit Group, curated by Maria Teresa Roberto
– Quotidiana 11, Palazzo Trevisan, Padova, curated by Schiavon and Iannotta, cat.
– Tempi Precari – In Sede, Comune di Torino, Provincia di Torino, Regione Piemonte, Torino, curated by Francesco Poli and Elisa Lenhard
– Centro Perifieria – concorso internazionale federculture per giovani artisti, sede area archeologica La Città dell’Acqua, Roma, curated by Silvia Rossi per Federculture, cat.
– Summer Display, Galleria Novalis Art, Torino, cat.
– The Glocal of the year, Galleria Novalis Contemporary Art, Kunstart, contemporary art fair, Bolzano
– Premio Maccagno, Maccagno, Varese, a cura di Claudio Rizzi, cat
– In sede – Viva il Disegno, Città di Torino-Divisione Servizi Culturali, curated by Francesco Poli
– Nuovi Arrivi – l’arte come esistenza. La vita come opera d’arte, Accademia Albertina, Torino, curated by Olga Gambari, cat.
– Gemina Muse, Forlì, curated by Maria Rita Bentini, cat.
– Wunderkammer, Galleria Wunderkammer, Torino, curated by Edoardo DI Mauro
Castello di Rivoli Museo d’Arte Contemporanea – collaborazione con il Dipartimento Educazione nel 2002
Fondazione Sandretto Re rebaudengo – collaborazione con il Dipartimento Educativo nel 2009 e nel 2011